Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Alan & Casey Come to Boulder

My brother Alan and his wife Casey came to Boulder this weekend. It's the first time they made it out since I've moved here from Colorado Springs. They were here for 3 1/2 days, which isn't enough time to see everything Boulder has to offer but we jam packed it with stuff and had a blast. Thursday night we went to the CU vs. West Virgina football game. We expected The Buffs to lose pretty bad but they held their own with a low scoring game and came out ahead with a field goal in overtime. We were in the 11th row on the 40 yard line. Great seats!!! It was SO exciting and the CU stadium is amazing!

Friday we spent most of the day downtown shopping and that night Kevin came up from Col. Springs. We all headed out downtown for some dinner and drinks. We had a very yummy dinner at a place called Seven then hit up a few bars (hanging out with all the college kids that take over Boulder every year). It was a fun night, considering I never go out!


Saturday Kevin & I forced ourselves out of bed to get in my 2 hour run (while Alan babysat all the hounds, see photo). It was nice because Kevin rode my bike along side of me entertaining me and giving me water or gels as I needed them. You want to ride next to me in Ironman in a few weeks? We got home and headed downtown again to grab some lunch at a rooftop bar & grill and enjoy Pearl Street Mall on Saturday. It was especially lively because Oktoberfest was going on this weekend. We took the dogs to the dog park, since it was a perfect day. Saturday night we decided to stay in, have a few drinks, and play Wii. It gotta a little competitive but was a blast.
Sunday we dropped them off early, Kevin left, and I headed out for what was supposed to be a 6 hour bike ride. My ride wasn't as successful as I hoped, about 3 hours in one of my rear spokes broke and I was forced to ride a pretty damaged wheel 20 miles to the closest town and wait for someone to come and get me. I was NOT happy! The wheel is fixed and I'm back on the training bandwagon. 3 weeks until Kona baby! It was a good weekend and I always enjoy spending time with Alan & Casey. It was also fun for Kevin to meet them.

No comments: