It's been a huge block the last 4 weeks of running and I've been running the most miles I've run in a give week since college. Focusing on triathlon keeps me more balanced and I've always found when I get up above 45 miles of running a week things usually start to fall apart with either injury or over training. Luckily I'm still injury free (besides a tight hammy I've been dealing with all year) but I am super beat! Between the high volume and the 2-3 high intensity workouts per week I can't say that I'm particularly surprised. I did make a rolfing appointment this past week and I think that helped a bit. I'm going to be going frequently to get some more key structural integration. I need to start deep tissue massage again. Thankfully my favorite masseuse is back from her 3 month adventure in Australia, lucky biotch!
Next weekend I am going to be in Las Vegas for my friend Molly's bachelorette party and then Kevin is coming for a couple days. This week was supposed to be recovery but I went into the week thinking I could make next week recovery and stuff another high volume/intensity into this one. WRONG! I found out quickly that my legs just weren't going to cooperate. Thus, a little forced recovery. Here we are on Thursday and my legs are still heavy. Ugh! A few more light days before trying to pick it up again. Hopefully I can still get my long (and SUPER easy) run in on Sunday before starting another week. And yes, I will be running in Las Vegas! I know...crazy! Who goes to Vegas and runs? ME! I'll get my long one in before I go though that way I can just get some shorter runs in in the midst of my bachelorette escapades!
Fingers crossed the fire comes back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment