Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Boulder Peak


The race went about how I expected and was about as hard as I expected it to be. I was really nervous going into the race knowing that I truly had bust my a$$ to get in the top rankings. I had done my research before hand and knew who my competition was going to be. I saw the girl that beat me at the sprint in transition and wished her luck before the race. I knew she was the one to beat but also knew that some new faces would come out since this is a more competitive & popular race. 

At 6:50 am our wave started. The sun was so bright you couldn't see any of the bouys on the way out. I lined up to the inside at the front. We were off and I just swam as hard and fast as I could to get out of the madness. I was right on the feet of the girl that beat me at the sprint, knowing our swim times were going to be close I didn't want to lose sight of her. We swam together the entire time. She came out of the water right in front of me (1st & 2nd out of the water) and beat be out of transition by about 2 seconds (I had trouble getting my helmet on, grrr)!

As soon as we were off on our bikes she was gone. Girl can ride a bike! I knew she could based on her bike split at the sprint but I thought "maybe she can't climb" and that I'd have an advantage up Old Stage since I live here and climb in allot. Nope, she was gone, once I saw her turn up Lee Hill from 36, I never saw her again. I couldn't catch her for the life of me. I knew (or was pretty sure) I was in 2nd place at this point. I figured if I can hold that going into the run I would have a pretty solid race. It took me a while for my legs to come around. They didn't feel horrible just a bit heavy and I couldn't get that "my legs feel fantastic feeling" that I had at the sprint. After torturing them up Old Stage they began to come around and the rest of my ride was solid. About 10 miles from home a girl in my AG passed me. I wasn't about to let that happened so I picked up the pace and dropped her. I checked back a few times and she was a good ways behind me but between there and home she caught up and we came into transition just a minute or so apart. I had the fastest transition I think I've ever had (37 seconds) in order to keep the gap. 

I thought maybe I could hold her off but about 1 miles into the run she was on me. I held on to her for a minute but just couldn't keep the sub 7mm pace she had. I let her go and sucked it up that I would probably be 3rd. I was OK with that.The first few miles of the run hurt B.A.D! I cramped a bit in my stomach and just wasn't feeling like I was keeping the pace I wanted even though my splits were telling a different story. I felt slow! By the time I got to the turn around I was feeling better and happy to be heading toward the finish line. At about 3.5 miles I got passed again, held on briefly but just couldn't keep it up. I let her go too, keeping her in my sights thinking maybe she'll slow down. Between 4-5 miles I got passed AGAIN by a couple girls I thought were in my AG but I wasn't sure. Each time I picked up the pace but not enough to stay with them. I was working as hard as I could at that point and I was ok with it. My running has come a LONG way since last year and I'm just happy to be running the way I am lately! Very happy about it!

Going into the race I was hoping for top 3, knowing that might be hard to do but that I was capable if I had a good day. After getting passed by a few girls I was sure I was 6th or even 7th place and decided that a Top 10 at this race would still be quite the accomplishment for me. 

I ended up 5th which I was totally stoked with. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was just A LITTLE disappointed that I wasn't top 3 but I know the competition was thick and to get a top 5 here was great! 

All in all it was a good race. I didn't feel 100% but I executed to the best of my ability and that's all that I can ask for. I laid it all on the line and the result is something I am totally happy with. I'm curious where I stand in the series. I believe that I'm either 2nd or 3rd right now.

Next....Long Course in 4 weeks! Bring on the heat. I do well in the heat and I'm hoping it'll slow the other girls down. Muahahaha!!!!




No comments: