I just decided this week that I wanted to race another 1/2 Ironman before Florida so I signed up for the Harvest Moon 1/2 on Sept 12th in Denver. I didn't want to give up a full weekend of training and I didn't want to do a full taper, as I really need the time on my bike, but this race is on Saturday so I can still race it and have my Sunday to ride long (if I'm not trashed from the race). I'm using this race more for training, testing nutrition, etc. However, I still want to race it hard and see if I can't place on the podium again.
Other than that it's just allot of biking, running, and swimming for the next 10 weeks. I know I'm fitter already this year than I was last year with my early marathon and all the speed work I've been doing on the track. My running is faster that it's ever been and I'm swimming stronger too. I'm excited to see what I can do on race day. It's going to be a fast course so my fingers are crossed for a fast race. Here are my top 3 goals for the race:
1) To Finish, always #1
2) Break 11 hours (my PR is currently 11:13)
3) Get a slot to Kona 2010
(keep reading, my Ascent race report is below)
No comments:
Post a Comment