Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Where's the O2?


The culmination of my racing season happens on Sunday! The race I've been looking forward to all year, because it's one of the best right in my backyard! Boulder 70.3 (Half Ironman). This year it's been taken over by Ironman and I'm not sure I'm super crazy about that but it's still a fabulous race that I intend to give my very best at. Ironman is taking over the world-AHHHHHH!!!!!

I love racing the best athletes and thick competition in Boulder. The field is going to be stacked and I love it! It pushes us to limits we didn't know we had and I hope I learn something new about myself and my perseverance on Sunday! There are going to be allot of fools from out of town here this weekend sucking wind as they try to get enough oxygen from the thinner mountain air. I'd like to think they know what they are getting themselves into but I'm not so sure. Maybe they'll have an oxygen bar at the finish line instead of IVs?


Some guy from Phoenix showed up at Dave Scotts swim practice yesterday who could barely make it through a 200m swim straight without sitting on the wall or glued on someones feet in front of him. And this was one of Dave's "easier" sets since most people are racing Sunday. After practice I was tempted to say "Welcome to Boulder" but I'm sure he'll figure it out on his own Sunday. Apparently he got out and was tooting his own horn to anyone that would listen, bragging that he wins ever race he does down in AZ, blah blah blah! Wrong place to toot your horn! Guess what buddy-you've entered a whole new athletic realm in the good ol' republic of Boulder! I get a kick out of it (because I've been there when I moved from Texas) and it makes me wonder how many other people coming to race have the same attitude! Can't wait to read Slowtwitch.com on Sunday after the race!

I love this race. I good dose of healthy competition is good for the soul!

PS. I guess I still have to "race" the Horsetooth 10k swim next weekend but I have a different mind set for that one....SURVIVE!

No comments: