Later in the afternoon my friends Molly & Shaun came up from Denver with their friend April. Michael & Melissa came over to our house and we all drove up to Nederland to meet some other new friends Jill & Matt. There was 9 adults, 1 baby, and 6 happy dogs! We headed up to the Hessie trailhead in hopes of making our way to Lost Lakes. It was an absolutely beautiful day to enjoy the mountain air with great friends. The trail had tons of snow on it and it wasn't exactly what we were hoping for and we didn't make it up the steep icy trail to the lake but it was still a fun afternoon for building friendships and watching our dogs run in the sun. I'm excited to go back up and snow shoe to the lake. Won't be long!
The sun dropped behind the mountains and it got cold quickly. We got back to the cars just in time and headed to the local watering hole for beers and BBQ! We then headed up to Jill & Matt's adorable mountain house and enjoyed some drinks in front of a cozy fire. They have 2 britney spaniels, like our Lucy, and I can't get enough of them all together! They hope to breed their little girl in the Spring and Kevin & I can't wait to scoop one of them up to add to our pack!
I wish I had gotten some pictures of our whole group. As someone said "it looks like we took the humane society for a hike".
I'm glad we got out in the sun because I see the dark clouds forming over the mountains as I type this. I think winter is on it's way!
All the Brits... Jocassee, Eolus, and Lucy!!!
(Honeymoon post below)

1 comment:
Who said you took the humane society on a walk? That is hilarious!
Post a Comment