One of my best friends, Molly, got married this past weekend and I had the honor of being in the wedding. It was a whirlwind of a weekend for sure with very little sleep! But it was well worth it and Mr. & Mrs. Anderson are finally hitched! They are a cute couple and I wish them years & years of wedded bliss! Love you guys!
It started Thursday night with a lingerie party that I was hosting for her so I drove to Fort Collins that afternoon. That was a blast with lots of naughty jokes, fun gifts, and lots of laughter. After a short night Thursday I was up and headed back on Friday to do nails, the rehearsal, dinner, etc. The rehearsal dinner was at a local brewery. It was a fun, relaxed event with yummy pub food and lots of brews! After another late night I got up early to get in a bike ride on Saturday before all the fun began.
We rode up Rist Canyon, down Buckhorn Canyon, then up and over Horsetooth Res. It was a gorgeous 50 mile ride. By far some of my favorite road riding has been up in N. Colorado. To die for! I also saw the tiniest baby fawn during our ride. I tried to snap a picture but it bounded off into the woods before I could get it.
Back to town, fastest shower I've ever taken, and off to the salon. We arrived at the Tapestry House at 4pm to start getting dressed, take photos, and celebrate before the wedding at 6:30. There were about 90 people there and it couldn't have been a better day for a beautiful garden wedding. It rained cats and dogs during the rehearsal so we were all a bit nervous but not a drop fell on Saturday and it was perfect.
The ceremony was so them! Great combination of humor and sentiment. And the reception included lots of drinks (which they almost ran out of-haha, guess we know how to have a good time) lots of dancing, and lots of laughs. Kevin drove up Saturday since I was preoccupied with bridal party stuff most of the weekend and it was fun to share a drink & a dance with him Saturday night. I miss him like crazy when our weekends are cut short!
Slept in Sunday, had some brunch, and headed back south down I25 to Boulder. We got in a much needed nap (I was exhausted! I'm a wimp these days! 3 late nights for me hurt!) and then around 4:30 headed even farther south to Denver for my friend Jax's engagement party. It was also beautiful and the weather was perfect for a BBQ! We couldn't stay long but I was happy to be a part of it none the less! They are a great couple as well...can't wait for the big day!
The whole weekend was a blast and Molly looked absolutely stunning. I met Molly when I worked down in Colorado Springs. We actually got let go on the same day so we shared many of hours drinking our sorrows away that summer. She eventually moved to Ft. Collins for grad school and I moved to Boulder (at least we're still sort of close). She has become a great friend over the years and she always makes me laugh so hard. Funny side note--almost everytime we go out people ask us if we are sister or if we are related. Appparently we look alike. I'm flattered people think so because I think she's gorgeous, but I find it funny. Even people at the wedding were asking. At one point during the rehearsal dinner her mom came up behind me and said: "Hey, Molly"! Boy was she surprised when I turned around. Anyhow, I was honored to be a part and I truly am blessed to have such great friends in my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment