Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Turquoise Lake

This weekend Kevin and I joined a big group of "friends" to go camping up at 10,000 feet in Leadville. I believe there were about 13 couples, 21 kids, and plenty of dogs. One of Kevin's friends invited us so we didn't know the whole group but it was a blast getting out of dodge for a bit and meeting some new folks. It was good birth control, that's for sure!!!

We both took the day off on Friday to get in a long bike ride before leaving town about 4pm. It was only about a 2 hour drive so we were setting up camp before dark! Kevin & I usually backpack in when camping so car camping made things allot easier, but I have to say I still prefer packing it in and really getting way out there in the wilderness. We set up shop and grilled some steaks just in time before a big storm rolled in. So off to bed everyone went. I love to camp but I never sleep well. Who does? Well, maybe the folks with the 35ft RV down the way slept great, but not us! Is that really considered camping? I'm not so sure that counts!

We got up early, not by choice, and took Lucy off to chase squirrels in the woods before breakfast. It was simply a peaceful morning and day. We didn't do much but it sure was nice to actually NOT do something for a change. We took our wetsuits to possibly get in a swim. After about 90 seconds I was frozen solid so I was out as quick as I got in. Guess I should have expected freezing lake water at 10,000 ft. The wind picked up and really made the water choppy so we couldn't even get out in the boat, which I was disappointed about, some water skiing would have been so much fun! After a nap and a little corn hole (see photos) everyone gathered at one camp site for a little pot luck. We ate ALLOT, played some fun games, fixed s'mores, drank plenty of wine, and watched the kids run around. It couldn't have been a better day in the mountains!

Sunday we were up early, another romp in the woods, then headed back to Boulder to meet up with my parents who are in town for the week! All in all it was a great weekend. I loved it up in Leadville and the scenery couldn't have been any better! And my run today was fantastic since I spent 2 days way up high!

The photos do a better job....here you go!








No comments: