Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

House Tour

Here are some pictures of the new house with some of our touches on it. We still have allot to do but it's starting to feel like ours and we absolutely love it, and so do the hounds...

Living Room. I love my orange couch (thanks Katie!) and we wanted to get it down in the basement to lounge on, except our stairwell is super narrow and the huge heavy sucker wouldn't make it. So, it's home is now in the front room with a comfy recliner. In hindsight I like it up here better, it's the focal point of the room. We weren't going to put a TV up here and use it more for reading but we changed our mind and hid one in the armoir. It's nice to have it on the main floor. There is a really cool fireplace/heater in the corner. It's attached to the thermostat so it goes on it off depending how you have it set. It puts out great heat which I love when sitting in that room. There is a great large window in here with views of the mountains to the west and lots of natural light filtering in! I'm anxious to get the blinds up though.


Kitchen/Dining. I also wasn't sure if my tall table and 6 chairs would fit in here but it did and we were able to put Kevin's bistro table downstairs and my glass table in the sunroom. My huge painting fit nicely on this wall as well. Not many places this sucker will fit!

Sunroom. AKA the dogs room. This room doesn't hold heat well but during the day when the sun is shining it's amazing. I can't wait for summer when we can open all the doors and windows and live in this space more often. We installed a dog door and the dogs are loving it. Lucy knows how to use a dog door but my guys never had. Teaching has been quite funny. Campi figured it pretty quick but Peanut still won't go on his own unless we hold it open a bit. We're working on it! Even peporoni bribes haven't worked too well for him :)


Hall Bath. Love the sink!


Guest Room/Office #1. This room is a spare upstairs which will one day (but not too soon) house a little one, I hope! For now, it's a spare guest room and a little office space for me. It was a hideous blue when we moved in and we painted it this calming green mint, I really love it!



Office #2. Don't have a pic of this room yet. This room was dark dark brown so we chose a light yellow and placed the desk in front of the window. A view of the Indian Peaks while you work? Doesn't get much better than that!

Master Bedroom/Bath. We loved the color in here. It's a deep rich yellow which matched our brown furniture and bedding perfectly. The bath is a bit small but it's really nice and it works for us. Besides, there is another one right outside in the hall so we can spread out if needed. All the rooms are a bit small but atleast we have 4 to grow into.

Basement. This is one of my favorite spots. It's huge. We splurged on a massive 46" TV and we are waiting on a swivel wall mount so we can turn it any direction. We got a new comfy couch for downstairs when the other wouldn't fit. Treadmill & bikes reside on one end and a small bistro table on the other. There is also a huge laundry area with lots of storage and brand new washer/dryer...Whew-glad we didn't have to spend more money on those stinking things! They ain't cheap! We housed all of our medals & awards on one end as well. Didn't realize we had so much crap, I mean... nice stuff!



Basement Guestroom/Bath. We love that the basement houses the guest room and bath. It's at the end of the basement and away from the main living areas upstairs. It's nice for guests to have their privacy and with the window it acutally gets really good natural light from above. This room is still a work in progress as we have yet to find the hardware for the bed...oops!


Backyard. I need to get out and get a pic of the yard. I can not wait until Spring and Summer. We plan to get the grill up here from Kevin's house in the Springs and get another chimnea. We live outside in the summer time. The dogs have plenty of room to run and there is a really cool pond/fountain feature I'm excited to turn on. We might also give a garden another go. The last time we tried we didn't do so well :)

Front. We love that we are on a corner lot and only have neighbors to one side. It makes the lot feel bigger, albeit more yard work-boo! We want to spend some decent time and money relandscaping it this spring to add some mature tress, bushes, split-rail fence, etc. It needs some depth. Right now it's a blank, kinda boring, canvas.


It feels good to be in a house before the wedding and to have a space we love so much to start our lives together in AND in a town I thought I could never afford to buy in!!! It's ending up to be a big year and it's not even the end of January yet!

That's the tour, for now! For you CO friends, we plan to have a party sometime soon so please come over for a drink. For you "foreigners" please know you're invited anytime, we have plenty of space and would love to share it with you!


2 comments:

kristen said...

I love your new house! I'm impressed at how organized you are already!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! So excited for you guys!