I signed up for this knowing that it would be a good tune up a week before Lubbock. Perfect effort! I had a solid swim, great bike, and I held on for the run and won it! That’s pretty much it. No really, there isn’t much more than that. In a race that takes 1 hour and 21 minutes to do there
isn’t much that goes on other than racing all out the entire time. I did that and it paid!
loved how Barry Siff ran these grassroots events in years past. For local backyard races
they are some of the most competitive still because they are in Boulder, they didn’t need
the Ironman name to draw the crowds. The organization was lacking (surprising for IM I
know) and the awards, t-shirts, race day spirit, just wasn’t the same. I’m curious to see
how Boulder Peak & Boulder 70.3 goes. The 70.3 will be the most interesting because it
will draw a different crowd with the IM 70.3 title. I hope I can hang on to my podium spot
and I hope the poor souls that come from sea level can’t breathe! Muahahahahahh!
Suckers!

No comments:
Post a Comment