Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Exciting News


I can finally announce it...I have a NEW JOB!!!! I am now the Rocky Mountain Rep for Active Interest Media (AIM) and their publications: Backpacker, Climbing, Urban Climber, Snews, and Yellowstone Journal! I will be selling print, digital, and event sponsorships throughout the Rockies!

I am so excited and have been so anxious to share the news. This is a dream job for me and I couldn't be more thrilled. I have been trying to get back into the Outdoor Industry for so long and have had several opportunities that just didn't workout. This is the best opportunity I've had and I am so thankful that they chose me! I'm excited to start something new, something more challenging than what I've been doing, and something that is going to be so much fun!

My territory will initially be Colorado, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming. There may be some opportunity to move east and possibly cover part of Texas, Minnesota, etc. The travel will be amazing and I'm hoping it will allow me to explore some incredible places, meet incredible people, and go on some incredible adventures!

I gave my notice at work today and will be starting NEXT WEEK. It's going to be sink or swim with my first day being at Winter Outdoor Retailer! Some of my good friends will be there with their companies so that makes it even more exciting! It was very hard to give my notice because I love the people I work with. Being a smaller, family owned business makes it more difficult and I truly care about the company and the people there.

But this was something I simply could NOT pass up.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you.... A LOT, but this is such a great opportunity for you! You'll do wonderfully :)

Fonk said...

Yeah, you really couldn't pass up an opportunity like this. I'm a little bit jealous... :) Congratulations!

I'm not familiar with Snews. Who does that magazine cater to?

-R

Sharon said...

Thanks, I'm really excited!

Its Industry News. Great name for it huh? Snooooze! Its a recent one they took on and it needs allot of work. Its a quarterly pub and news changes faster than that. I think it'll get a major overhaul this year!  

Melissa said...

This is so wonderful! Eventhough I don't understand backpacking and walking through the woods while carrying lots of weight on your back, I can fully appreciate what this new job means to you ;-)

You are going to kill it!