One week to go until IM, we actually leave this Thursday bright and early. This weekend has sucked for training with all the rain. It's been 90+ degrees in CO lately and Saturday was 59 and pouring rain. Thankfully we didn't have to do much training since we're in taper but I was planning a swim, bike, run outside and only got in a 2 hour ride inside on my trainer. I certainly didn't think I would be doing a long trainer ride in August. Oh well.I woke up with a sore throat on Saturday and was hoping it would subside quickly but it bugged me all day and is still bugging me today on Sunday. I think I've gotten a bit of a cold which makes me really grumpy 1 week out from IM. I guess after weeks and weeks of 20+ hours of training my body was worn out and more susceptible. I've also been covering in the clinic this week which probably wasn't the smartest decision-germ central!!!
Sunday's training was a bit better. It was still cool but the sun was trying to come out and it was warmer. I finally got in the pool and had a strong set of about 4500m then did a quick run. I had to drop my bike off for shipment on Saturday so I don't have my bike all week. Hopefully it arrives safely on Friday in Penticton!
I feel good (minus the cold) and am really excited to get up there and race! It's been a long year of preparation and I'm excited to see my efforts pay off. I'm also excited to finally have a week with Kevin. This long distance stuff is getting old. When I get home I'm going to have to decide what to do next...it might be Denver Marathon October 19th-an attempt to qualify for Boston perhaps!
Stay Tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment