Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your Vote Counts

I found a great quote that I feel is perfect given the election that is currently in process.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I got into a bit of a texting argument with my ex tonight when I asked him if he voted and he replied "no". "Why not?" I asked. I just couldn't understand why someone would not take the opportunity to cast there vote in a country we're we are privileged enough to have a vote and were the outcome could potentially effect us and our future generations for years to come.

His reply: "when all is said and done, maybe they are both the wrong choice, I don't want to settle for the lesser of 2 evils, I'll let God do that". This makes me so angry. I don't care who you vote for, write in someone else if you don't agree with the names on the ballot. We are so fortunate to not be part of a communist country were our decisions are made for us, when we are given the opportunity to be heard it's ridiculous not to exercise that right.

I've heard many people say "if XYZ wins I'm moving to another country" and I just want to say, "ya, why don't you just go ahead and move to China, Afghanistan, or another country were you are not free and were your decisions are not your own". We are so lucky to live in such an incredible country, were we are free, regardless of who becomes president. These comments are ignorant.

I guess it just frustrates me that people bitch and moan about the candidates and then don't go vote for what they want and believe in. If you don't vote, I don't want to here you complain for the next 4 years, you gave that up when you didn't vote in my opinion.

Sorry to vent. It just makes me angry when we're at such a historical and volatile moment in our countries history. Every single vote makes a difference. The 2000 election was won with just 537 or so votes...I hope you made your vote count!

No comments: