Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Burrr!

It is freezing here in Boulder this weekend (14 degree high). I had a long run to do today and I was debating about whether or not to run outside or inside but I'm so sick of the treadmill. Yesterday I decided it was too cold and windy for a bike outside so I did a 3 hour ride on my trainer, ugh, I'm reminded how much I hate indoor riding! Although cold, it was sunny and clear out which makes for a perfect running day in my opinion. I decided to embrace the cold and head up the Boulder Creak Path. My hands and face got a little cold but by pushing the pace a little bit I was comfortable enough for the most part.

I read a friends facebook the other day that lives in TX. They've gotten some unusually cold weather and she was complaining about it being 30 degrees and thus decided not to run. I couldn't help but laugh, especially living in the endurance athlete mecca, Boulder. People will run in ANYTHING here. There are NO excuses and 30 degrees is about perfect running temperatures in my opinion. You know people are crazy here when it's 10 degrees outside and we're outside in the pool while ice forms on our gear and our hair turns to ice as we walk (or run) back to the locker room. I'm the first to admit that I don't like training in crazy winds or below freezing temperatures but I thought it was funny none the less.

No comments: