I went to the condo manager, no master keys. I went to my landlords mom (who lives in my complex), no extra keys. I had 1 window open in my bedroom which is about 12 feet off the ground level so we got a ladder and climbed up. I couldn't get the screen off the window. I was tempted to rip through it but the the condo manager discouraged me saying that I would have to pay to replace it! Well, duh! However, I'm confident that would have been cheaper than the alternative.
I called my landlord to see if he could bring over a key...nope, he was at a function 25 miles away and couldn't leave! Off to call the locksmith and wait for another 30 minutes...Finally he arrives and at 8:15pm and $150 later I'm back inside. To say that I was pissed is a MAJOR understatement.
I should have ripped that damn screen off my window!
Lesson learned....the hard way!
No comments:
Post a Comment