
Last night I jumped in the local Stroke & Stride event. It's every Thursday night for 10 weeks all summer long. You can do either a 750m or 1500m swim and then a 5k run. It's a great way to get in some open water swimming as well as a little speed work and healthy competition. I meant to do it last year but never got around to it.
Last night I chose to do the 750m swim (which was actually about 775m). That's the distance that the sprint tri will be in a couple weeks will be so I wanted to simulate that as well as I had already done 2 workouts earlier (including a really hard swim at noon) and was pretty smoked by 6pm. I just wanted to do it for fun and get a quick brick in.
For not really trying that hard I was happy with my results.
Total Time was 38:18
Swim: 12:57 (1:39 pace, which was a bit slow for me but my shoulders were exhausted & first time in my wetsuit)
Run: 23:40 (7:38 pace)
I ended up 1st in my Age Group (F25-29), 2nd Female overall, and 5th overall male & female!
Next week I'll likely race the 1500m and see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment