This past weekend my mom and Kevin's mom came out to Colorado for a long weekend. Our moms had not met yet so we were excited to get everyone together and talk wedding.
It was a beautiful weekend which was a nice change of pace from the cold weather earlier in the week. We got out each day for a hike and spent lots of time sitting in our sunroom, which we haven't been able to use much. Kevin's stepdad had shot an Oryx a while back and we had some meat in the freeze that we decided to use one night on some pizza, that was a big hit! We also went shopping on Pearl Street and found some great art for the new house, on sale!
We accomplished quite a bit in regards to the wedding. We got the invitations put together and they're are all ready to go. We also went to the Greenbriar on Sunday for the brunch. We'd eaten there before but never for brunch so it was fun to try all the FANTASTIC food that will be served during the wedding. Mom and I also worked on the ceremony and music. We decided this week who would be marrying us, which is exciting because we'd been interviewing some judges but no one felt just right. A long time family friend who is a retired Airforce Chaplain and his wife were planning to come to the wedding so we decided to see if he'd be interested in performing the service and he was. I'm so glad this is done because I was dreading more interviews with people who didn't know! We also decided on our cake, or cupcakes rather. A friend of mine who is an excellent chef/baker is going to be making them and I am so excited. I am thrilled she is going to help out and I know they will be so yummy, can't wait to decide on flavors! Not much more to do now. 3 months from this Sunday!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Kevin, Me, My Mom

Kevin, Me, His Mom

Kevin & His Mom (& Lucy)

2 comments:
Glad you guys made good headway for the wedding. Be sure to tell your mom hello for me...she looks great!
OMGosh. Cupcakes? You might need to have a few extra on hand for me ;-) I love that idea!
I didn't realize both moms were in town, what a big weekend. It sounds like things are going really well and you're getting things knocked out quickly.
Post a Comment