Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Current of Life


Life continues to throw challenging decisions my way. Well, this one is a little premature but it's something I've been thinking alot about. I've got a potential job opportunity at USA Hockey back in Colorado Springs. The job sounds really fun and I'd be working with one of my favorite people, Mindy. Whenever I think about the job I get super excited and think it would be a fantastic opportunity and it would open the door for me to be with Kevin more, but whenever I think about going back to Colorado Springs I get sad. There are certainly benefits like: it's cheaper than Boulder (ALOT!!), Kevin is there, Mindy and some other great friends are there, etc. But I absolutely love Boulder and I love the life I'm starting to build here. The training is fantastic, it's beautiful, there are interesting people everywhere, I love my apartment, etc.

I obviously can't get ahead of myself, I haven't been presented with the job and it might not even happen, in which case my decision will be made for me. But still...Kevin and I talk allot about being back together and how long will we have to do the distance crap. I want to be with him and it's not that I wouldn't move back to Colorado Springs to be with him, part of me just feels that my old life is back there (because it is) and I really like the newness of Boulder. There is so much to explore still. I know however, that at this point in my career I can't be as picky about the location I want to live if I want to consider good opportunities. I'm only 26, when I'm 35 and making millions I can live anywhere I want because I CAN!!! haha.

The thought of moving again makes my stomach turn but the thought of being with Kevin again settles it and gives me butterflies. I suppose we can always come back. A sweet friend of mine told me today to "just flow with the current of life". I need to remind myself that it's not always up to me, God presents us with opportunities and decisions for a reason. I just need to figure out which door to walk through when they're open.

No comments: