Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kona-3.5 weeks and counting


Exactly 3 weeks from today we'll be on a plane on our way to the Big Island. I am so excited I can't even stand it but I'm also VERY nervous. Obviously I'm not extremely experienced at this Ironman thing and here I am gearing up for the World Championships only 7 weeks after my first IM.

Training is going well. I took the first week after Canada entirely off. By the next weekend I was hiking and swimming at a comfortable pace. The second week I picked up the volume with about 12 hours of training but not allot of intensity. Then Kevin and I headed off on our Boundary Waters trip so I had a week of active rest (hiking, canoeing, etc.. ). At first I was a bit reluctant to take this week off but I think it helped me with much needed rest I wouldn't have taken otherwise.

This week has been my first big week back at and I'm shooting for 20-24 hours of solid training. I feel good but my legs and arms are a bit heavy. I have my fingers crossed for feeling good on my long run and ride this weekend, who knows? I'll have two big weeks like this and then back it off to 12-15 hours, and then my final week will be 100% taper.

We'll arrive in Kona about 11:45am on Wednesday, October 8th and do all the typical IM race week stuff. The race is actually on Saturday, not Sunday so we won't have allot of time. Between the race events, naps, a little training, and lots of eating I'm sure the days will be quite full. I'm looking forward to the 3 days after the race that we can let loose a little (or allot!) and enjoying our time on the beach!

More to come as the race day count down continues....stay tuned!

No comments: