Another big weekend of training, but the last before Kona, and I can't tell you how excited I am about that. It's been a huge year and a big struggle the last 7 weeks staying fit and motivated. A less eventful bike ride than last week started out my long weekend. We headed north to Fort Collins (Horsetooth Reservoir). Round trip from my house it was right at 6 hours and 112 miles. Perfect! I felt good aerobically but legs were cramping a bit toward the end. Kevin was headed up after my ride so when I got home he had just pulled in. I had to do a 30 minute run off the bike so he jumped on my fixie bike and rode next to me! So good to see him, as always :)
We laid around the rest of the day, well and ate allot of food! We caught up on Season 4 of The Office (I LOVE this show!) and then watched the season premier of Season 5, hilarious!!! Decently early bedtime to catch up on some much needed sleep. We slept in which was so nice, we enjoyed the morning, stopped ate Starbucks, then headed to the res for my 2.5 hour run. It was nice to run at the res again. It was hot, which wasn't fun but good training for Kona. Kevin rode next to me again providing water and gels! It was good to spend this time together. I felt good for about 1:45 hours but by then when we made a quick stop at the car to refill water and stretch I was so tempted to get and the car and call it a day. I was tired! I pushed through and got in my 2.5 that I had planned. Off to run a few errands, eat a big lunch, and play some serious Wii (FYI-Kevin kicked my butt at Mario Cart!).
All in all I would say I'm feeling good for Kona. I don't feel as good as I did (minus the cold) leading into Canada but I have 2 weeks to taper and rest so I'm hoping by mid-week next week when we leave I'll be feeling a bit more confident in my fitness and recovery! Leaving for Kona in 10 short days! I can't wait. I'm almost more excited about spending a week in Hawaii with Kevin!
Another great weekend of training and quality time with my amazing boyfriend!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment