Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wishing & Hoping

This weekend was a bit of a rude awakening. Kevin came up and we spent some time on Saturday looking around Boulder for a house. We weren't super serious but just really enjoy looking at houses and going to open houses for fun. However, we've been talking recently about how we can get back in the same town, whether that be Colorado Springs or Boulder. So we are considering our options.

Colorado Springs is the more affordable option considering cost of living is MUCH cheaper down that way. Boulder on the other hand is like California...NOT CHEAP! I love Boulder and would love to stay here if that is what we decide but it's a bit discouraging when you can't even find a house with even 2 bedrooms to rent for less than $2000/month and I just can't fathom paying that for rent. With two incomes it seems a bit more likely but I still can't swallow that! Especially when I've owned a house before, it feels backwards to me!

It seems buying a house in Boulder is going to be a dream for a while. When the average home price is $400,000-$500,000 for something you could get for $200,00 elsewhere. Although the real estate market is not sinking in Boulder and any investment would be a good one, I'm sure.

We did find an amazing 1800's castle/house right in the heart of town that we went in for fun. For only 1.2 million it could be ours!I need to start playing the lottery or maybe find me a trust fund baby in Boulder to support my expensive taste. Just kidding Kevin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep dreaming your dreams...that's how I wound up in Placitas! The journey along the way will be rich and challenging, full of choices and surprises. ~C

Uli said...

Maybe look into affordable housing? That's what I did to be able to buy in this town. There are great places out here that are permanently affordable.