OMG! I just got home from sitting on the bus for 5.5 HOURS!!! Yes, that is correct! To Denver and back which should have only taken about 50 minutes round trip. The blizzard is here and I had a meeting at 9:00 in Denver. I knew my little Ford Escape wouldn't make it so I chose the safer route and jumped on the bus. I'm glad I did because I surely would have gotten stuck.
It was absolutely insane watching the cars. People stuck on the hills, sliding into each other, sliding into the railing, people abandoning their cars and walking back to Boulder, etc. I have never seen anything like this in my life and I've been here 5 years!

I guess we deserve it after a winter full of 65-70 degree days and sunshine. I slid my way down from Magnolia Rd (8700 ft) this morning before it got bad and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to get back up there tonight to release the dogs I'm babysitting for. I'm anxious, I hope they'll be OK and I can get up there tomorrow.
If you're in this area, STAY IN & STAY WARM. If you're not...LUCKY YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment