Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Legs Hurt

I just finished my longest run to date since Kona. Roughly 24 miles around the Boulder Reservoir! I planned to do 3 laps (6.03 miles per lap) for sure and if I felt good tag on a 4th. My friend Melissa joined me for lap #1 and we kept a faster but comfortable pace. I did the next 3 on my own, finishing the first 18 miles 6 minutes faster than I did it last weekend, wahoo! I wasn't sure I had a fourth one in me but I wanted to get at least 20 miles so I stretched my tired legs, downed a gel, and set off for #4. About 20 minutes in I was thinking: BAD IDEA! I was smoked! I slowed down quite a bit on lap 4 but I was happy with the overall effort and for getting in some serious miles. It got hot out there, it's like desert and I ran out of water on lap 4. I could have downed another gallon if I'd brought enough!

I got home and jumped in an ice bath ASAP. Man did that feel good but I could only stand it for about 15 minutes. I ended up with some funky tan lines and a blister on top of a blister, ouch!

At least I look happy, despite being so tired!
My tired legs!
I never take baths so I didn't have a plug to keep the water in. Not to fear, a plastic glove stuffed in the drain works just great! GETTO!

I'm keeping some friends dogs up in the mountains and I went up this morning to let them out and exercise them a bit. On my way up in the meadow I saw a MASSIVE herd of Elk just chillin! It was incredible. And people ask why I want to move up there! I hope so badly that we end up there one day, I absolutely love it!

Elk in the Meadow, this was only half of them!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was decent, minus not seeing Kevin at all. He is super sick at home and I feel so bad for him! I wish I was there to take care of him! He says he's never going to Vegas again! LOL

No comments: