purpose here. However, I will say that even though it rained for 3 days straight, ALL
DAY, it was still perfect. You Colorado folks know that 3 days of downpour never
happens around here, especially in June. What’s up with it happening on my wedding
weekend, of all weekends?
I think Saturday was the most stressful for me wondering if it would stop or not and if
we’d be moving it. I was bummed to wake up to a slow drizzle on Sunday but by 7am
I’d made the decision to move it. It was cold at 52* and I had no interest in making
our guest sit outside in the cold even if it wasn’t raining (which it was, of course). Once the
decision was made it was no big deal. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed.
Getting married outside was the ONE thing we were looking forward to above
everything else. The ceremony was the most special part to us and that was what I
wanted to be perfect.
It was still beautiful inside and with the clouds hovering over, once it stopped raining, we
actually got some really sweet shots. None with the flatirons behind us but oh well! We
live here, we can go take pictures there any day!
The whole thing was small, simple, and just right for us! We are so excited to be starting this next chapter in our lives together and can't wait for many adventures and Mr. & Mrs. Houghton! Yee Haw!


2 comments:
I don't think I ever commented on this, but I LOVE love LOVE your wedding pictures! Your smile is beaming and I've never seen you look so happy. I know you are anxiously awaiting the moon to Hawaii!!! Congrats friend
Thanks girl! We loved the way they turned out. It was just a friend of ours who doesn't really shoot weddings but he was incredible! He definitely should do more!
We couldn't be happier and are so excited for hawaii! Congrats on nursing school, that is fantastic!
Post a Comment