New Years was mellow just like Christmas. I headed south to Colorado Springs to spend it with Kevin. We ordered a pizza and stayed in. After all, COS doesn't offer much entertainment downtown so this was just what we were looking for. We had pizza, a few drinks, played some games, had some great conversation, and we even stayed up til midnight-which is a first for me in recent years!
Thursday morning we got up to do a New Years Day Run. The Colorado Search & Rescue puts on a 5k & 10k run every year in Palmer Park. The weather can be variable, obviously-on Jan 1st in Colorado, but it was warm and sunny and we could even run in shorts!! I chose the 10k and Kevin chose the 5k. The first mile is straight up hill and when you get to the top of the hill the 10k goes right and the 5k stays left. At the top you're feeling pretty winded since you just ran up so it was tempting to go left and cut it short but I stayed right and ended up having a pretty good race, given that I haven't been running much and was sick for the past 10 days. Here are a few shots from the race!
Happy New Year Everyone! May you be happy and healthy all year long!

1 comment:
Your quads are C-U-T, lady!! :) HNY
Post a Comment