

What a fantastic holiday! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well. For me, it was low key with very little on the agenda which is exactly what I wanted. Kevin came up on Christmas Eve from Colorado Springs. I had fixed an amazing loaded potato soup that we had tried at a restaurant once and I had asked for the recipe. I think I over did the thyme in it but it was still very yummy-and very bad for me!
Christmas Day was relaxing and fun. We got up and I fixed a breakfast pizza that my mom used to fix for us when I was young on Christmas Day. Kevin loves pizza so I figured he would love it for breakfast too. We opened gifts and our favorite that my parents got for Kevin was guitar hero. We played ALLOT of guitar hero over the next 4 days. Including some late night battling that got pretty entertaining! Later on Christmass afternoon we went for a nice hike up in the mountains as well as a drive a bit West of Boulder to look at some areas we are considering to live. We found a killer house just 20 minutes from downtown with a beautiful 2 acre lot and incredible views of Eldora, Longs Peak, and Indian Peaks. Colorado doesn't get much better and I was blown away with the serenity of the house and the location. We got to go in the house later that weekend on Saturday and walked away wanting it so bad. We are in the process of seeing if we can make it work. It's a big decision and there are allot of details to figure out. One way or another, I know we'll make the right decisions.
I've been fighting a cough over the past week or so and it was really frustrating and especially when we tried to go for a run one afternoon. We went to check out Boulder Falls and then headed back down the canyon and stopped at Betaso Link trails. OMG, I thought I was going to die. Besides the fact that the trail was vertical for the first 1.5 miles the chest constriction and coughing didn't help. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful trail, I was just really disappointed that I felt so lousy. That will definitely be a place I will be exploring again in the future!
All in all it was a great holiday. I missed my family in Texas dearly as it was the first holiday season that I wasn't with them for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. But I felt blessed to spend it peacefully with Kevin. We had tons of great conversation, competition on the wii, and exploration outside in the cool Colorado air!

No comments:
Post a Comment