Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fantastic Birthday Weekend

Technically my birthday was Monday but what good is a Monday birthday when you have to work? I headed south to Colorado Springs on Friday after work. After all, it was about time I went down since Kevin has been coming up to Boulder more often.

Friday night we connected with Kevins neighbor and his girlfriend at Sugas for some drinks. We hadn't spent much time with them as a couple so it was fun. Saturday night Kevin took me to my favorite restaurant in Colorado Springs, Blue Star. One word-AMAZING! Kevin got some really awesome duck and I got the Hawaiian Ono. I wasn't sure if it would compare to the amazing fish I had in Kona a few months back but I have to say it was just as good and I was really impressed.

The remainder of the weekend was pretty lazy, especially considering it was 3 degrees and well below 0 with the wind chill. My poor dogs didn't even want to go out, they kept freezing their paws in a matter of seconds. We stayed in most of the weekend but considering the company, I was A-OK with staying in and snuggling up! Sunday Kevin had put together this awesome treasure hunt filled with hilarious clues and gifts along the way! It was in and outside which made things interesting with the negative temperatures. At the end of about 12 other clues was a necklace I had been wanting since Kona. It's a silver "Big Island" w
ith the ironman M-dot cut out in the center. It's pretty sweet but while we were there I refused to spend the money on it. Kevin is very good at picking up on things I mention that I want and surprising me on my birthday! I think I'll keep him around for a while!

I decided I hadn't had enough time with him come Sunday night when I usually head home so I stayed until Monday morning. Not to mention, the Survivor finale was on, couldn't miss that! The drive started off fine until Denver when it got a bit more slippery. I made it to 36 just fine, only spotting 3 accidents at 5:30 am! Once on 36 the roads got worse and even more slippery. Not having 4wd didn't help either. Yes, I think I'm the only person in CO with an SUV that doesn't have 4wd. That's what happens when you buy it in Texas and move to CO. Anyhow, I was only about 2 miles from Boulder and the traffic came to a dead stop, on a HILL! As soon as it picked back up, me and several other cars that I could see couldn't get going. My tires were spinning and I was STUCK! Ugh, I was so frustrated. What usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes to get to Boulder was already going on 2 hours and now I was STUCK. I switched gears, revved the gas to get some traction and nothing. I thought I was screwed. The right lane wasn't as covered as the left so I turned my wheels hard to the right and gunned it, finally gripping some road. I was that person everyone hates when traffic slow, I was holding the right lane up. Well, me and the other fools that don't have 4wd in CO. It took a while but I made it and was glad to get home and park my car in the heated garage. That's one way to start a birthday!

Thanks to all of my fantastic friends & family for the birthday gifts & wishes. It wouldn't have been the same otherwise. I am blessed for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! I am glad I found your blog too :) HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!