Me, I was not swimming, I definitely was SINKING in the pool today. Every year I say that I don't need to swim through the winter because it always comes back and it always does but the first few weeks of attempting to get it back SUCKS! I've swam sporadically this winter but nothing consistent enough to make a difference. I get in today and Wolfgang decides to give us a bunch of 400's to do...Ouch! I've felt horrible in my workouts this week so I'm sure that had something to do with it as well but I'm not in denial, I am not in swim shape right now. We were coming in on 1:30 pace so that didn't help. I felt normal with paddles but that should not be the case. I needed them just to stay on the leaders feet and for some reason even when I'm gone for 3 weeks everyone in my lane wants ME to lead it. WTF? Today I said no way! I just realized my first tri is only 2 months away, maybe less so I am now committed to swimming for the season! Bring it....
At least I'm in really good running shape. Hey, it's something right?
I'm off to Colorado Springs. Kevin and I are celebrating our anniversary tonight so I'm excited for a fun and relaxing weekend with my amazing guy! Have a great weekend everyone!
Happy Easter!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary, how funny, I have one this weekend as well! And just remember, swimming is so overrated, it is much more awesome that you are in great run shape! :-) Almost taper time for you now, huh?
Those 400's really did suck! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment