I knew it would be tough but I had NO idea it would be what it was-UGLY! I had a 90 minute run with 6 x 1 mile repeats at 20-30 seconds faster than my marathon pace with 1' rest. I know for a fact it wasn't that fast as I don't think I'm quite there yet but it was fast and it hurt, bad! The trail has a slight up hill on the way out and obviously a slight down hill on the way back. What goes up must come down right? I was dying on my first 2, by 3 my legs were coming around a bit, and 4 felt much better but still hard, maybe because I was going down? You think? By #5 my gut wasn't too happy and the cramping started. I wasn't giving up on #5 so I pushed through, got though #6 and then tried to book it home as fast as I could, even my super slow cool down hurt. I barely made it home in time for my gut to speak up and say how much it also hated the past 90 minutes! Nothing gets the good ol' GI moving along in the morning like a hard run (and coffee of course). Sorry for the details...so goes life as an athlete I guess.
I'm not sure if I'm just worn out from the weekend or if it was just a really gnarly run. Probably a combination of both. I definitely wasn't on the top of my game but I'm glad I got it done and I'm glad I'm seeing some results of all the miles I'm pounding into the pavement. I should have worn a heart rate monitor to keep a closer eye on my zones.
There were a ton of folks on the trail this morning enjoying the warmer weather and the sun was beautiful as it came up and lit up the mountains. Get a load of this February forecast...

Also I thought I'd share this video...I really liked it. Puts everything into perspective huh? With a little humor. No one is ever happy, no matter who our president is, no matter how much you have, no matter how healthy you are, there is always something more we want and there always seems to be something to complain about...just smile and be blessed! And laugh a little....
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in this...I had the same "issue" yesterday in my run. Congrats on the progress!!
Post a Comment