
This past weekend I went to California to see some great friends. I flew into San Jose late Thursday night. My friend Katie, whom I used to work with in Colorado Springs, lives in Palo Alto. Friday morning we got up and walked "the dish" a 3.5 or so mile loop around the gorgeous hills of Palo Alto. Later that morning we headed into San Francisco for a fun filled day. We walked the ENTIRE city. We started in Union Square, hit up the mega

Macy's, whose shoe department is enormous (or ginormous as I like to say but Katie made fun of me for! haha) Although I couldn't afford most of them, we found some good deals! We headed from here to China Town, while stopping in all the interesting stores, and eventually got a fantastic recommendation for sushi. It's been so long since I've had sushi and it satisfied the craving immensely! From here we walked all the way through town over to North Beach, stopped in a popular candy store and then over to Cafe Roma for some highly recommended coffee. OMG, I think I'm still going through withdrawal from that java. I have NEVER in my life had coffee so good or so strong. We felt drunk when we left. While sitting out on the street this guy Katie knew, who doesn't live in San Fran, walked up. Small world! Turns out he is the #1 Kayaker in the world http://www.taoberman.com/. He sat and chatted with us a bit. It didn't hurt that he was extremely good looking! A girl can look right? Over to Lombard Street next, the "crookedest" street in the world. It has eight switchbacks on a 40-degree slope in just one

block! It was crazy watching the cars wind down the hill at about 2mph. The view from the top of the hill was gorgeous. We had the most perfect day. It was in the 60s out and sunny! Considering San Fran is often covered in fog and pretty cool, we lucked out big time! We continued our journey down to the wharf, Ghiredelli Square, and sat by the beach with the Golden Gate in view for a little while. Although walking back would have been fun we decided to take the cable car back to Union Square. You can't come to San Fran and not ride the cable car. We got the perfect spot, right in front hanging off the side. Katie and I even got hit on my cable car driver, which was quite interesting. Before heading back to Palo Alto we had to make a "quick" stop in the Levi store for jeans. I've been looking for some "skinny jeans" but I have the worst luck finding pants. I scored big time on the sales and got away with 3 new pairs! Back to Palo Alto and a fantastic dinner down town.


Saturday was super fun! We got up and walked the dish again. The we headed to Monterrey for the day to see another friend that Katie & I used to work with in Colorado Springs, Jason. He and his wife, Gina, recently had their first little baby boy! (See previous blog) We met them in Carmel by the Sea for a fabulous Italian lunch before heading over the the Monterrey Aquarium for the rest of the day. This aquarium is INSANE, by far one of the best in the world! It was a fun day with some great great friends. I miss them!
Sunday was jammed packed before an evening flight out. We started with some coffee and some YUMMY crepes at the local farmers market. I love farmers

markets! I love that Boulder has one and I love getting lots of fantastic produce that is organic and locally grown. It doesn't get much better! We then headed over to Katie's brothers for a bit before heading over to Stanford and then out to Half Moon Bay. The Standford Campus was incredible and there was this amazing cathedral. I've never seen anything so ornate in my life! Breathtaking! In Half Moon Bay there is a great chowder house right on the water. We took some cards and spent the day eating, playing cards, walking the beach, and driving the coast. Again, it was 70 or so out and I actually got some sun!

All in all the weekend was fantastic. Great food, great friends, great conversation, & TONS of walking. I miss Katie and Jason but I love that we stay connected! Good friends are so few and far between, I try to cherish every minute I have with the ones I love the most!

No comments:
Post a Comment