Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bolder Boulder 2009

Monday was the Bolder Boulder 10k here in Boulder. It's the 2nd largest road race in the world, right here in my backyard...pretty cool! And, it's only a 10k. It's kind of surreal that so many people would come out for a 10k.

I wasn't sure how my race would go. I haven't run a ton since the marathon 3 weeks ago and I certainly haven't been running speed work. I also have been fighting illness for close to a month so it was a gamble.

I woke up feeling pretty good and just decided I was going to give it my best shot. Besides, I wanted to wear my new Saucony racing flats (which ended up being awesome)! If I wasn't feeling it I would just turn it into a workout and have fun with it. I ended up having a GREAT race. It was hard as hell but I pushed hard the whole way and ended up with a 2 minute PR over last years time and finished in 45:31! 13th out of 784 girls in my AG. The only thing that sucks about the wave start and the massive crowds is you don't know who you are racing against, you just have to do your own thing. 3 more seconds and I would have been top 10 but I didn't know who I was up against to change that, oh well! Here were my splits...
mile 1: 06:32.77
mile 2: 07:21.69
mile 3: 07:41.69
mile 4: 07:33.09
mile 5: 07:22.63
mile 6: 07:26.55
net time: 45:31.55
pace: 07:19 (based on net time)
Here is a photo Kevin snapped at the finish, not great quality but...

I went out a little fast. I don't think I've ever run a 6:30 in my life so I was pretty stoked that I did and that it didn't feel too hard. But there was no hope in holding that pace. Anyway, it was a successful race for me and it's encouraging that I keep getting faster. Running has never been my strongest link, albeit my favorite! In the past few years every race, whether running or triathlon, I am only getting stronger and faster so I'm excited to see where I'll be this season and with another few years of racing under my belt!

Other than the race our Memorial Day weekend was uneventful and relaxing. Kevin was up Thur-Mon so it was nice to have extra time together. We ran, rode, swam (you know, the usual), watched some TV/movies, and cooked some fantastic food!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! I'm enjoying a 3 day week before jetting off to Nashville Thursday evening!

No comments: