My best friend, Ashley, from college lives in Canton, GA and I hadn't seen her in about 4 years! Here we are back in college...haha WOW this was a long time ago!!!

She has since had 2 baby girls, neither one I had met yet. Her first one is 2.5 years old and her newest is just 3.5 months. They are both adorable and it was so much fun to finally meet them! I still can't believe she has kids though. It was so fun to see her being mom! Most of my memories are from college!
We had a fun balance of playing with kids and going out! Thursday night we went for a drink and some dinner in Atlanta and then we stayed in watching TrueBlood (Omg-such a good show. I already ordered all of the Sookie Stackhouse books and am contemplating HBO to keep watching when Season 2 starts in June. Nothing like a little Vampire Lovin'). Friday we had the kids all day while Nate was at work and then at 6pm promptly passed them off to him to go out for a girls night. It was a blast but we got a little more out of control than we planned, however that's how we were in college so it was fun to pretend for one night we didn't have adult responsibilities to go home to! Yeah Right! 

Here we are being retarded!....
Saturday we weren't feeling so good (I wonder why?!) so we were pretty lazy most of the day, went to get mani/pedis and then we grilled & watched Slumdog Millionaire Saturday night-while drinking allot...of water!!! Sunday we slept in and then laid by the pool the entire day. I got a little more sun that I was hoping...ok WAY too much. I have been in pain ever since and I'm more the color of a lobster. However, it was the perfect day to lay by the pool with a book! Back to the house to pack up and head to the airport for my evening flight back to CO.
I miss Ashley so much so I am so thankful I had the opportunity to come out for a weekend and I am so thankful for our friendship. We are discussing a couples trip to the Outer Banks maybe next Spring/Summer so I'm already excited about getting together with them again and for Kevin to meet them!
Back to the real world this week! I'm already ready for another vacation! Just a few more weeks and we're off to Nashville for my Papas 90th Birthday! I can't wait to see everyone, it's been a long time!




No comments:
Post a Comment