Old Stage & A Cold
These two things do not go well together and you would think I would know better! After coming down with what I thought was bronchitis over the weekend I took a couple days off training. It actually ended up being more of a cold but this one brought along a bad cough and tightness in my chest. I can hear it crackling when I cough, fun fun!
Anyhow, a
fter a full day of laying around on the couch Monday I'd had enough. So Tuesday I got in some decent workouts, one of which was a bike ride to Jamestown via up & over Old Stage Rd (famous 15% grade, 600 ft vertical climb over 2/3 of a mile). Not only was I sick but this was the first time to climb this treacherous hill this year so I knew it would be painfull. I don't care how fit you are this hill is never a piece of cake. It definitely gets easier the more often you do it and the fitter & leaner you get but it's never a walk in the park! And there is NO stopping on this hill because you will NEVER get going again and the walk of shame is not allowed!
I made it. Surprisingly my legs felt AMAZING, I definitely have the fitness but my lungs were on fire. I'm sure it had something to do with them being clogged up and my limited breathing ability. I was wheezing and coughing pretty good by the time I got there. Kevins reaction when I told him what I did? "You rode up Old Stage?!?! BABY!!!!!" Haha, oops! We finished our ride home into some gale force winds and I was ready to be home! Need cough syrup ASAP!
The things we do to stay fit!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment